The Board of Directors oversees all school operations, including setting school-wide goals; setting policies and procedures, making all hiring decisions, and setting the budget and ensuring the financial health of the school.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend monthly board meetings, which begin at 6:00 p.m. and are held at Springwater Environmental Sciences school in the Art Room.
- Download a copy of our school policies and procedures: Springwater-Policies. Updated Fall 2020
- Download a copy of our School Bylaws: Springwater School By-Laws
- List of all past Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- 2020-21 Audit documents
- Board Goals Document 2021-2022
- Student Improvement Account Annual Report/Budget
If you have not had a chance to personally meet any of our board members take a moment to say Hi or just give a good old Hi-Five!
Board meeting procedures include:
- All board meetings will be posted on the calendar for the entire upcoming school year.
- Agendas will be posted 48 hours prior to each meeting, both in hard copy at the school and electronically on the website.
- Meeting minutes will be approved by the board at the next month’s meeting, and then posted approximately one week after that on the website.
- In order to facilitate community involvement, the public comment section of each board meeting has been moved to the beginning of the agenda.
- A time limit of 3 minutes per individual will be enforced to ensure that the Board can hear public comment at the outset and still proceed through that month’s agenda items without delay.
- If students wish to attend and speak at a board meeting, it is requested that the student (or parent) notify the Board chair at least 48 hours in advance, so that the location of the meeting can be changed to the school.
- Input sessions, surveys and other opportunities for obtaining families’ input, such as facilitated input sessions, will be scheduled on an as-needed basis to supplement the opportunity for public comment at board meetings.
Board Members for 2023-2024
Nathalie Doherty – Board President[email protected]
Nathalie is the parent to three children at Springwater and has been a part of this wonderful community since her oldest started kindergarten in 2015. Nathalie joined the Board in 2021 and became Chair in 2022. Nathalie is an active volunteer in the Springwater community and is passionate about the school’s mission and ensuring that our children, staff, and community feel supported and heard. Professionally, Nathalie has practiced environmental law for 20 years, advising federal land managers on how to investigate and clean up contamination on public lands. Personally, Nathalie enjoys cooking and baking and spending time with her family.
Chris Sugg – Board Member[email protected]
Jessica Henrickson – Board Member[email protected]
Sarah Head – Board Member[email protected]
Sarah Head has been a Springwater parent since 2019 and has two children who attend. Her oldest, Josephine, entered during her fourth grade year and the love for Springwater has only grown since then, both for the curriculum and the community. For the last 15 years, Sarah has worn many hats in education, including social studies teacher, advisor, education consultant and now board member. She is passionate about relationships, rigorous standards and equity, both in the classroom and education system at large. Sarah has recently stepped out of education, except for her role on the board and the occasional substitute teaching job at Springwater, and is now farming full time on her farm in Oregon City, Eda Creek Farm, where she grows specialty cut flowers for the wholesale market as well as flowers for her local community. When not farming, Sarah and her family enjoy trips to the beach, good food and time in the woods.